Trump - black321 - Apr 25, 2018 - 9:19am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - Pyro - Apr 25, 2018 - 9:17am
 
::it's a dress thing:: - lily34 - Apr 25, 2018 - 8:28am
 
punk? hip-hop? metal? noise? garage? - rhahl - Apr 25, 2018 - 8:24am
 
Music Lessons - rhahl - Apr 25, 2018 - 8:19am
 
Private messages in a public forum - helenofjoy - Apr 25, 2018 - 8:14am
 
Things You Thought Today - ScottFromWyoming - Apr 25, 2018 - 8:10am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - ebcdic - Apr 25, 2018 - 8:00am
 
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi... - ScottFromWyoming - Apr 25, 2018 - 7:38am
 
Prog Rockers Anonymous - rhahl - Apr 25, 2018 - 7:12am
 
Tech & Science - miamizsun - Apr 25, 2018 - 6:24am
 
New Music - meower - Apr 25, 2018 - 5:29am
 
Heroes - sirdroseph - Apr 25, 2018 - 4:06am
 
Anti-War - miamizsun - Apr 25, 2018 - 4:05am
 
The war on funk is over! - miamizsun - Apr 25, 2018 - 3:57am
 
Live Music - R_P - Apr 24, 2018 - 10:58pm
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - oppositelock - Apr 24, 2018 - 9:15pm
 
Unusual News - ScottFromWyoming - Apr 24, 2018 - 8:43pm
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ... - fractalv - Apr 24, 2018 - 8:21pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - Red_Dragon - Apr 24, 2018 - 7:52pm
 
OUR CATS!! - haresfur - Apr 24, 2018 - 6:00pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Apr 24, 2018 - 4:33pm
 
RP Daily Trivia Challenge - katzendogs - Apr 24, 2018 - 4:00pm
 
Favorite Quotes - Proclivities - Apr 24, 2018 - 1:35pm
 
Two sexes or ? Gender as a non-binary concept - meower - Apr 24, 2018 - 11:49am
 
Race in America - meower - Apr 24, 2018 - 11:43am
 
songs that ROCK! - ptooey - Apr 24, 2018 - 10:37am
 
The Image Post - kctomato - Apr 24, 2018 - 9:51am
 
Jazz - rhahl - Apr 24, 2018 - 8:12am
 
North Korea - black321 - Apr 24, 2018 - 6:20am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - maryte - Apr 24, 2018 - 5:55am
 
Error: Could not retrieve offline list - alvaro - Apr 24, 2018 - 5:21am
 
FLAC Roll Out - marco79cgn - Apr 24, 2018 - 4:16am
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Apr 23, 2018 - 8:49pm
 
TV shows you watch - FourFortyEight - Apr 23, 2018 - 8:21pm
 
Those Lovable Policemen - FourFortyEight - Apr 23, 2018 - 7:53pm
 
One Partying State - Wyoming News - ptooey - Apr 23, 2018 - 5:17pm
 
Permanently twinkling eyes - haresfur - Apr 23, 2018 - 3:44pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - haresfur - Apr 23, 2018 - 3:31pm
 
Freedom of speech? - Steely_D - Apr 23, 2018 - 3:16pm
 
Celebrity Face Recognition - lily34 - Apr 23, 2018 - 11:17am
 
Humane mouse trap? - miamizsun - Apr 23, 2018 - 5:40am
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Apr 22, 2018 - 9:29pm
 
What's Your Dream Job? - haresfur - Apr 22, 2018 - 6:33pm
 
What are you doing RIGHT NOW? - helenofjoy - Apr 22, 2018 - 2:23pm
 
NETFLIX - Alexandra - Apr 22, 2018 - 1:39pm
 
Country Up The Bumpkin - sirdroseph - Apr 22, 2018 - 12:06pm
 
What Makes You Sad? - oldviolin - Apr 22, 2018 - 10:48am
 
Name My Band - oldviolin - Apr 22, 2018 - 10:43am
 
What are you listening to now? - SeriousLee - Apr 22, 2018 - 9:22am
 
Celebrity Deaths - islander - Apr 22, 2018 - 7:42am
 
Poetry Forum - Antigone - Apr 22, 2018 - 6:53am
 
Outstanding Covers - rhahl - Apr 22, 2018 - 5:10am
 
The Prince topic - Steely_D - Apr 22, 2018 - 12:00am
 
Syria - R_P - Apr 21, 2018 - 10:54pm
 
Beer - ScottFromWyoming - Apr 21, 2018 - 9:54pm
 
Lyrics that strike a chord today... - sirdroseph - Apr 21, 2018 - 9:10pm
 
Military Matters - R_P - Apr 21, 2018 - 8:27pm
 
Show Us Your Tats! - Red_Dragon - Apr 21, 2018 - 6:39pm
 
Republican Party - R_P - Apr 21, 2018 - 6:10pm
 
Electronic Music - R_P - Apr 21, 2018 - 5:52pm
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - SeriousLee - Apr 21, 2018 - 5:34pm
 
RP Oasis...the bar is open. - chagas.carla - Apr 21, 2018 - 2:01pm
 
Back to the 10's - rhahl - Apr 21, 2018 - 8:25am
 
RPeep News You Should Know - islander - Apr 21, 2018 - 8:06am
 
RP App for Android - Tominthevan - Apr 21, 2018 - 7:42am
 
New storage Cache feature - BillG - Apr 21, 2018 - 6:55am
 
Guns - Lazy8 - Apr 20, 2018 - 8:41pm
 
Is the system down? - haresfur - Apr 20, 2018 - 6:36pm
 
Protest Songs - rhahl - Apr 20, 2018 - 4:20pm
 
Movie Quote - SeriousLee - Apr 20, 2018 - 3:14pm
 
Flower Pictures - Antigone - Apr 20, 2018 - 3:05pm
 
Democratic Party - Lazy8 - Apr 20, 2018 - 2:42pm
 
Upcoming concerts or shows you can't wait to see - Steely_D - Apr 20, 2018 - 1:41pm
 
Dancing Bananas !!! - Prodigal_SOB - Apr 20, 2018 - 9:59am
 
Index » Regional/Local » USA/Canada » Race in America Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Post to this Topic
meower

meower Avatar

Location: i believe, i believe, it's silly, but I believe
Gender: Female
Zodiac: Gemini


Posted: Apr 24, 2018 - 11:43am

Golf Club Apologizes for Calling Cops on Black Women Members

 

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2018/04/23/us/ap-us-black-golfers-police-called.html

 

Calling the police on black people who are doing nothing wrong needs to stop




cc_rider
Strange but not a stranger.
cc_rider Avatar

Location: Bastrop
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Cancer
Chinese Yr: Snake


Posted: Apr 23, 2018 - 10:04am

 sirdroseph wrote:
 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

Lots of firepower to protect a coupla dozen nazis.


EXACTLY, that is what we were most upset about they had 700 police officers to protect a dozen Nazis which furthers my point that our community does not support these clowns and do not appreciate having to have that many police to protect our community from the shit storm the outsiders bring, virtually no one at that rally was actually from Newnan. Public safety was the basis of the injunction we filed to disallow them from coming, they should have never approved the permit on these grounds in the first place. Most of those police were not even from Newnan; they had I think 24 different agencies they brought in, press, Antifa and other protestors (who to their credit except for the people that came there to get arrested for publicity and did were quite peaceful)who of course were not from here. Other than the local police you can count on your 2 hands maybe the actual Newnan residents who were even in that town. We all left or stayed in our homes. It was a bunch of bullshit.
 
When I was in high school I carpooled with a girl whose Dad was a cop, detective I think. He hated it when the Klan marched, because every officer had to wear full gear in the blazing Alabama heat. They always took a bunch of weapons away from the Klansmen too. Thankfully nothing very serious ever happened, but it wasn't for lack of trying.
c.
sirdroseph
Endeavor to Perservere
sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Sagittarius
Chinese Yr: Dragon


Posted: Apr 23, 2018 - 8:56am

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

Lots of firepower to protect a coupla dozen nazis.



 





EXACTLY, that is what we were most upset about they had 700 police officers to protect a dozen Nazis which furthers my point that our community does not support these clowns and do not appreciate having to have that many police to protect our community from the shit storm the outsiders bring, virtually no one at that rally was actually from Newnan. Public safety was the basis of the injunction we filed to disallow them from coming, they should have never approved the permit on these grounds in the first place. Most of those police were not even from Newnan; they had I think 24 different agencies they brought in, press, Antifa and other protestors (who to their credit except for the people that came there to get arrested for publicity and did were quite peaceful)who of course were not from here. Other than the local police you can count on your 2 hands maybe the actual Newnan residents who were even in that town. We all left or stayed in our homes. It was a bunch of bullshit.
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Apr 23, 2018 - 8:43am

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

Lots of firepower to protect a coupla dozen nazis.



 
Love me some militarized cops. Yep.
ScottFromWyoming
I eat pints
ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Pisces
Chinese Yr: Tiger


Posted: Apr 23, 2018 - 8:39am

 sirdroseph wrote:
 R_P wrote: 
There was like 12 of them and hundreds of protestors shouting them down peacefully and respectfully.  The signs of the protestors were mostly about peace and love.  The night before a prayer event was held promoting peace and unity, shops were left open later and the local citizens purchased as much as we could to cover the expenses of having to close while these idiots were in town.  They were so outnumbered and shouted down, I almost felt sorry for them, but no.  This cross burning took place about 50 miles away in the middle of nowhere because yes even down here where you probably imagine we all wear white sheets and black people cower in fear, bigots and racist are social pariahs and in the extreme minority.  The press was falling over themselves looking for conflict and strife, but sadly for them, love and unity prevailed and the local citizens took their town back from these Nazis that swooped down from the north (I think they were from Michigan) to resume our peaceful lives. The only arrest was for people that wore mask and refused to take them off and identify themselves and this happened before the Nazis even arrived.   Is it perfect here?  Of course not, but is it perfect anywhere?  When I little, I was the social outcast for NOT being a racist and cannot tell you how many times I was called N lover, now the same social pressure is being applied towards racist and bigots.  I am not naive to think we do not have much work to do, but I assure you as a society regardless of who is in the White House we are still marching forward in our quest for equality.  I see it everyday as black and white people not only co exist, but laugh, love and professionally cooperate as equals and it is not contrived.  If you look around in your life, you will see it too or maybe you won't because you rarely interact with others that are not like you because they are simply not there.  That is fine, as someone who actually lives in an extremely diverse population, I can happily report that we can coexist peacefully in the manner that Dr. King envisioned.  Someone at work mentioned Dr. King must be turning in his grave and I said quite the contrary though he would be saddened there were still bigots of this order around, he would be quite pleased at how we responded to them. {#Meditate}
 
Lots of firepower to protect a coupla dozen nazis.


sirdroseph
Endeavor to Perservere
sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Sagittarius
Chinese Yr: Dragon


Posted: Apr 23, 2018 - 2:22am

 R_P wrote: 
There was like 12 of them and hundreds of protestors shouting them down peacefully and respectfully.  The signs of the protestors were mostly about peace and love.  The night before a prayer event was held promoting peace and unity, shops were left open later and the local citizens purchased as much as we could to cover the expenses of having to close while these idiots were in town.  They were so outnumbered and shouted down, I almost felt sorry for them, but no.  This cross burning took place about 50 miles away in the middle of nowhere because yes even down here where you probably imagine we all wear white sheets and black people cower in fear, bigots and racist are social pariahs and in the extreme minority.  The press was falling over themselves looking for conflict and strife, but sadly for them, love and unity prevailed and the local citizens took their town back from these Nazis that swooped down from the north (I think they were from Michigan) to resume our peaceful lives. The only arrest was for people that wore mask and refused to take them off and identify themselves and this happened before the Nazis even arrived.   Is it perfect here?  Of course not, but is it perfect anywhere?  When I little, I was the social outcast for NOT being a racist and cannot tell you how many times I was called N lover, now the same social pressure is being applied towards racist and bigots.  I am not naive to think we do not have much work to do, but I assure you as a society regardless of who is in the White House we are still marching forward in our quest for equality.  I see it everyday as black and white people not only co exist, but laugh, love and professionally cooperate as equals and it is not contrived.  If you look around in your life, you will see it too or maybe you won't because you rarely interact with others that are not like you because they are simply not there.  That is fine, as someone who actually lives in an extremely diverse population, I can happily report that we can coexist peacefully in the manner that Dr. King envisioned.  Someone at work mentioned Dr. King must be turning in his grave and I said quite the contrary though he would be saddened there were still bigots of this order around, he would be quite pleased at how we responded to them. {#Meditate}


R_P
Oînk, oînk, OÎNK!
R_P Avatar



Posted: Apr 22, 2018 - 7:08pm

Neo-Nazis hold swastika burning in west Georgia town after Newnan rally
meower

meower Avatar

Location: i believe, i believe, it's silly, but I believe
Gender: Female
Zodiac: Gemini


Posted: Apr 19, 2018 - 10:38am

 sirdroseph wrote:
 meower wrote:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/philly-police-commissioner-ross-issues-public-apology-to-2-men-arrested-at-starbucks-20180419.html?mobi=true

 

Philly Police Commissioner Richard Ross issues public apology to 2 men arrested at Starbucks

< line 140 > < /.h-group > Updated: April 19, 2018 — 1:04 PM EDT

 


 


He should, they had an opportunity to properly assess the situation and do the right thing, but they clearly chose not to.

 
& Philadelphia said "oh, no. Not in our city"


sirdroseph
Endeavor to Perservere
sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Sagittarius
Chinese Yr: Dragon


Posted: Apr 19, 2018 - 10:29am

 meower wrote:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/philly-police-commissioner-ross-issues-public-apology-to-2-men-arrested-at-starbucks-20180419.html?mobi=true

 

Philly Police Commissioner Richard Ross issues public apology to 2 men arrested at Starbucks

< line 140 > < /.h-group > Updated: April 19, 2018 — 1:04 PM EDT

 


 




He should, they had an opportunity to properly assess the situation and do the right thing, but they clearly chose not to.
meower

meower Avatar

Location: i believe, i believe, it's silly, but I believe
Gender: Female
Zodiac: Gemini


Posted: Apr 19, 2018 - 10:26am

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/philly-police-commissioner-ross-issues-public-apology-to-2-men-arrested-at-starbucks-20180419.html?mobi=true

 

Philly Police Commissioner Richard Ross issues public apology to 2 men arrested at Starbucks

< line 140 > < /.h-group > Updated: April 19, 2018 — 1:04 PM EDT

 



R_P
Oînk, oînk, OÎNK!
R_P Avatar



Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 12:14pm

Neo-Nazi 'Tyrone' exposed as US marine
Michael Chesny appears to have posted 1,000 messages in white supremacist chat room in lead up to deadly Virginia rally.
R_P
Oînk, oînk, OÎNK!
R_P Avatar



Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 8:14pm

From Starbucks to Hashtags: We Need to Talk About Why White Americans Call the Police on Black People
pigtail

pigtail Avatar

Location: Southern California
Gender: Female
Zodiac: Taurus
Chinese Yr: Dragon


Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 9:35am

 aflanigan wrote: 
People so full of fear from listening to the bullshit rhetoric of most mainstream media.  I say the kid was lucky and now to get the charges to stick and a decent sentence for the asshole, is the fight.
cc_rider
Strange but not a stranger.
cc_rider Avatar

Location: Bastrop
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Cancer
Chinese Yr: Snake


Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 9:07am

 meower wrote:
you know what, you run a business in the city, you're going to have a certain number of people who hang out and don't buy anything. My girlfriend was at that same starbucks to meet her husband the other day for over an hour and didn't buy anything. But, she was white. So, she didn't standout. To be clear, this Starbucks is in Center City, in an affluent area. What is interesting is that the majority of patrons were sticking up for the arrested.

 

  What is even more interesting, if those patrons had also been black, THEY would have been arrested as well. Guaranteed. The guy in the frame? If he'd been black, he likely would be in the hospital.

Such is the state of our nation.
c.


meower

meower Avatar

Location: i believe, i believe, it's silly, but I believe
Gender: Female
Zodiac: Gemini


Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 9:03am

 cc_rider wrote:
 I am still shocked those guys spent a night in jail for NOTHING. The police used the poorest possible judgement. The Starbucks employee/manager likely had previous problems with people loitering without buying anything, but that does not justify anything. Plus all the patrons sticking up for the guys, the cops didn't consider that part of the scene? Idiotic.

The guys have a valid case against Starbucks and the PD. Brotherly Love, my aunt fannie.

c.

  you know what, you run a business in the city, you're going to have a certain number of people who hang out and don't buy anything. My girlfriend was at that same starbucks to meet her husband the other day for over an hour and didn't buy anything. But, she was white. So, she didn't standout. To be clear, this Starbucks is in Center City, in an affluent area. What is interesting is that the majority of patrons were sticking up for the arrested.

 

 


aflanigan
Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity
aflanigan Avatar

Location: At Sea
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Aquarius
Chinese Yr: Rat


Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 9:00am

Black Teen Shot at by White Retiree after Asking for Directions
cc_rider
Strange but not a stranger.
cc_rider Avatar

Location: Bastrop
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Cancer
Chinese Yr: Snake


Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 8:58am

 meower wrote:

Philadelphia is in an uproar over this. I'm not a big Starbucks drinker anyway, but....... Really they need to deal with the police's role in this as well. Idiots.

  I am still shocked those guys spent a night in jail for NOTHING. The police used the poorest possible judgement. The Starbucks employee/manager likely had previous problems with people loitering without buying anything, but that does not justify anything. Plus all the patrons sticking up for the guys, the cops didn't consider that part of the scene? Idiotic.

The guys have a valid case against Starbucks and the PD. Brotherly Love, my aunt fannie.

c.


meower

meower Avatar

Location: i believe, i believe, it's silly, but I believe
Gender: Female
Zodiac: Gemini


Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 8:40am

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

You and I just had the same thought.

 
get to work
ScottFromWyoming
I eat pints
ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Pisces
Chinese Yr: Tiger


Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 8:32am

 meower wrote:

 

Someone needs to make a "Starbucks: the new Woolworths" meme



 
You and I just had the same thought.
meower

meower Avatar

Location: i believe, i believe, it's silly, but I believe
Gender: Female
Zodiac: Gemini


Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 7:29am

 Red_Dragon wrote:

It seems existing while black is still a crime.

 

 

Someone needs to make a "Starbucks: the new Woolworths" meme




Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next