Warning: file_get_contents(/home/www/settings/mirror_forum_db_enable_sql): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/content/Forum/functions.php on line 8
The NFL games were a bit crazy; the Phillies avoided a monumental collapse to slide into the MLB playoffs; yet the most impressive athletic accomplishment for Americans happened under the radar in Montreal.
Brandon McNulty became the 3rd American ever to win the cycling World Championships. Lemond, Armstrong, and now McNulty. First time in 33 years.
273kms.... 6 hours and 17 minutes.
He broke away with 33kms to go, and the "big guns" didn't respect him enough to follow.
3 Americans in the top 10. Amazing day for American cycling.
Doh! I read somewhere that in several neighborhoods of NYC, the driver is only allowed to play it once - when they first show up apparently.
But did you know that the original theme is from the Polovetsian Dance No. 2 by Borodin?
I think that in our area they stop playing it when the truck is stopped. Once they start moving again... the tunes roll.
It passed outside my window about 5 mins after I posted.
Doh! I read somewhere that in several neighborhoods of NYC, the driver is only allowed to play it once - when they first show up apparently.
But did you know that the original theme is from the Polovetsian Dance No. 2 by Borodin?
Apparently, most places don't let them play the "Softee Jingle" anymore. It's the ringtone on my phone. Other than that I haven't heard it since I left NY.
Apparently, most places don't let them play the "Softee Jingle" anymore. It's the ringtone on my phone. Other than that I haven't heard it since I left NY.
This belongs in the "you know you're old when..." thread. Kids now have no idea what it's like to spit watermelon seeds. They grew up with only seedless watermelons.
They also don't have any reference for them not being mostly round.. This looks very strange to them...
That one is a doozy lol
They'll probably never get to crank a heavy old ice-cream churn in teams either lol. Or maybe if they do it won't be with the old beloved codgers long since gone cheering them on at one of those big family reunions
at sweet Gramma Kindred's house. Or maybe they will. Maybe they'll get curious and nostalgic for a world and memories they never had carved into them. Maybe we'll all close some gaps one day and really appreciate what it means to hold onto the best the best you can.
This belongs in the "you know you're old when..." thread. Kids now have no idea what it's like to spit watermelon seeds. They grew up with only seedless watermelons.
They also don't have any reference for them not being mostly round.. This looks very strange to them...
I had an uncle who lived in Sandersville, GA. He ran a local food distribution company and had a house with central air....first time i ever experienced that as a kid.
Anyway, we were visiting one hot summer day, and I asked what was for lunch. He took me to one of his facilities, opened the door and said go grab a watermelon (got one bigger than this pic).
We went home, sat at the kitchen table. He handed me a towel and put a bowl in the middle of the table and we proceeded to eat the whole thing for lunch.